Constipation and soiling often go hand in hand, and are surprisingly common (10-16% in children over 4, up to 50% in children with additional needs). At Kids That Go we talk about poo a lot! We’ve developed this resource pack to equip parents/caregivers with the information they need to help their child overcome this complex, toileting challenge. In this 75min video, Rebecca Khan our Director and Senior Occupational Therapist will address the key issues relating to constipation and soiling and offer practical strategies that will support you as you help your child.
Rebecca has extensive experience in her work as a Continence Therapist and continues to offer hope and solutions to many families. This resource pack will equip you with knowledge and confidence to address poo difficulties. The aim is to support you to prevent toileting anxiety and/or medical complications that perpetuate a cycle of withholding, constipation and associated behaviours.
The resource pack includes:
IMMEDIATE ONLINE ACCESS TO:
- a medically aware, up-to-date online workshop (1 hour 15 mins) with an experienced Continence Therapist (and mum of 3 kids), Rebecca Khan
- a pdf download of the presentation slides used in the video
- a pdf download of My Body Diary (can be reprinted for regular use)
- a pdf download of Making Water Fun
- a pdf download of the Sitting on the Toilet Poster
POSTED TO YOU IN THE MAIL:
- A fun and useful stash of stickers to use with My Body Diary
The 1 hour 15 mins video is able to be watched online in your own time. The combined resources will cover common issues and questions related to constipation and soiling like:
- what causes soiling and what can I do about it?
- when do I see a doctor and how might they help?
- why doesn’t my child just GO? It seems so much easier and less messy.
- what if my child hasn’t got an urge, or I am not sure if they do?
- what about sensory factors?
- how do I set up the toilet to support participation?
- when is it time to try without nappies, and are there any helpful continence aids to use while I am training?
Any questions before you purchase, please contact us!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD: After going through the checkout process, you will receive an email with the link for access to the video (through Vimeo) and the digital download. The pdf file can be saved on a computer if desired. You will then receive the reward stickers in the mail to your nominated postal address in the checkout process.
DISCLAIMER: This resource is intended for home use, not clinical use. If you are a clinician and are interested in using this resource, please contact us. The payment of this digital product gives you permission to use the resource in your home but cannot be shared to a different location. Please do not reproduce without direct consent from Kids That Go Therapies. This includes electronic or photocopied distribution. Please note that your download link will expire after 60 days. All digital orders are non-refundable, but please contact us if you have any issues with your digital product.
- Learn how the bowel functions from our experienced Continence Therapist
- Get trustworthy information to troubleshoot at home
- Gain knowledge and confidence to address poo difficulties