CLINICAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
SYDNEY: Friday 5 May, 2023
BRISBANE: Friday 23 June, 2023
CONTENT OVERVIEW (7 PD Hours):
Continence Occupational Therapist, Rebecca Khan, will be presenting a practical and informative Professional Development training for clinicians who want to understand how to effectively help kids overcome toileting difficulty. It is strongly advised that participants would have completed previous toileting training with Rebecca before completing this training (eg. Conquering the Wees and Poos, The Basics and Beyond). For any clarification please contact email@example.com.
Rebecca has prepared a hands-on, evidence-based professional development experience which will:
- Deepen your understanding of how the child’s medical, cognitive, emotional, behavioural, social and environmental factors all impact on their capacity to participate in toileting skill development
- Apply Assessments such as the Canadian Occupational Performance Model and PRPP System of Task Analysis to sharpen your assessment and provide baseline figures for reassessment
- Report on your assessment findings and create a continence plan with clear goals that facilitate client dignity, choice and independence across toileting contexts
- Design an intervention pathway in accordance with client goals while monitoring carer engagement and supporting carers in their role
- Enhance your communication across educational contexts
- Be prepared to write a review report for the NDIS
- Write a Continence Assessment incorporating capacity building for the NDIS
- Tips for NDIS report writing where the participant has toileting skills as a goal.
WHO IS THIS PD DESIGNED FOR?
Available for OTs, Learning Support Teachers, School Nurses/Continence Nurses, and for those in health-care roles wishing to deepen their learning around toileting strategies.
Participants will receive clinic-ready resources to facilitate implementation of the above elements into daily practice as well as morning tea and lunch and afternoon tea.
SYDNEY: 5 May 2023
‘The Connection’ – 30 Shoreline Dr, Rhodes NSW 2138.
By Car: There is limited 4P on-street parking on Shoreline Drive. Otherwise there is paid parking in the Rhodes Waterside Shopping Center which is close by.
By Train: The Rhodes train station is a 5 min walk away (line: T9)
By Bus: Bus routes 410, 458 & 533 connect to different parts of Sydney
BRISBANE: 23 June 2023
Brisbane Workers’ Community Center – 2 Latrobe Tce, Paddington, QLD, 4064.
By Car: There is very limited parking on-site (please email your request for a space, preference given to those travelling from further away) otherwise there is metered street parking nearby.
By Bus: Bus routes 375 and 385.
$380 /person including GST – EARLY BIRD $350 until 4 April
Register for Rebecca’s Self Care Workshop (the previous day) at the same time and purchase a Combo Ticket.
Occupational Therapist, Director
Looking for support as you negotiate each day with your little person?
Why not check out our 'What's On' page for a list of upcoming events with experienced clinicians.
How we can help:
We are toileting therapists, caring for kids with poo or wee issues, day or night, through tailored evidence-based programs.
Self care, sensory processing, school readiness, fine motor, handwriting, anxiety and behaviour. Growing up is a busy thing!
Kids with Disabilities
The pathway to growing up takes it's own track sometimes. We are here to help with tailored, experienced care, advocacy and skill development.
Kids with Chronic Illness
Growing up can take tricky, unexpected turns. With personal experience and compassion, we are here to help both kids and families grow through these challenges.